Hi! Welcome to the Complete Interpreter podcast by the Interpreting Coach.
Why 'Complete Interpreter'? Because you're not just an interpreting or translation machine, you're also a person and a business owner, and I hope to help you take a 360 view of yourself and share some great tried-and-tested strategies to improve your interpreting skills, mindset, and marketing.
This episode is all about the EU accreditation test for freelance interpreters.
I'd like to thank Cathy Pearson for graciously agreeing to give up so much of her time to be interviewed for the show, as well as Marilena Iannidinardi and all the EU evaluators who contributed to the episode.
Here are some of the resources mentioned in the podcast:
- 2023/2024 test calendar
- website with all the relevant information about the accreditation test (eligibility, FAQs)
- language profiles
- consecutive and simultaneous marking criteria
- EU Speech Repository
- EU audiovisual portal (news clips and meeting recordings in multiple languages)
- EbS (Europe by Satellite), European Union's TV information service
- SCICtrain - resource containing demo videos by EU interpreters
- the podcast episode about the UN exams
You may also find these resources useful:
- my growth mindset challenge can be found by scrolling down the home page
- my podcast episode about reframing stress
- my podcast episode about getting over mistakes
- my course on dealing with acute stress
Look out for the second part of this podcast (coming soon), where we'll hear from successful candidates, and I'll talk about preparation strategies.
Let me know what you'd like me to talk about next!
Sophie (aka The Interpreting Coach)
My website and blog: https://theinterpretingcoach.com
Or email me at email@example.com